Wednesday, April 20, 2005

April 14, 2005 The journey of Shedding the old man

Okay so this is my first time blogging. I actually never knew what a blog was but I am glad that i have visited other peoples sites because they give me an idea of how to manage my own blog.

I am 26 years old and I currently weigh 260.8 lbs which is down from 305. My ultimate goal is to get down to 150 lbs but my yearly goal is to get down to 205lbs.

I started working out September 2004 seriously after a visit to the doctors office and finding out that I weighed over 300lbs which was shocking. Anyways I went to the doctors office because one particular day i woke up and my vision was blurry and my body just didn't feel right. I hgad blood tests taken and later found out that I was in the baby stages of diabetes, and my iron levels were anemic (i alredy knew that), and that i have disease called Hypothyroidism.

As soon as the verdict was given I was no longer in the doctors office my mind was far far away. i flashed back to my grandma. She was a diabetic and she passed when I was 15 from complications from diabetes. I thought about her having to stick herself with a needle every day trying to find a soft spot on her stomach, arms or legs to stick the needle in to get insulin into her bloodstream, I thought about her taking so many pills that she had a pill organizer. I thought about her vision going south and having cataracts, and I thought about her having to go to dialysis, getting her leg amputated, and have sugar attack episodes. You see i grew up with my grandma.......she raised me, and as a child i never paid attention to all that she had to do to maintain but right in that moment that the news was delivered, I flashed into that memory and I made up in my mind with My Lord and Savior Jesus Christ as a witness that i would never allow my own body to be put through that and if I had anything to say about this I was gonna beat this.
Well my doctor explained to me that because the diabetes was in the baby stages there was a chance that I could beat this. All I had to do was lose weight!!! ADUHHHHHHH.
I have been on many weightloss programs and many many diets, heck I even did WW but every single time i got serious about my weightloss something tragic would happen to me to cause me to turn to my emotional best friend......FOOD. Well I made up in my mind to beat this thing and I've been going strong ever since.

I went back to the doctor in December to have more blood tests taken weighing in at 284 lbs and all traces of the diabetes was GONE. Thank you JESUS!! Hallelujah! My iron levels were brought back to normal but when it is time for the monthly visit I do have to take my medication to keep my iron levels up because I lose so much blood. Sorry, TMI I know but it's real. Unfortunately the Hypothyroidism is still evident and the doctor says that it is a disease that doesn't go away. Hopefully with God's help we can prove them wrong on this one but regardless this is my story and this weightloss is coming off in Jesus Name!!

Over the past 3-4 years my weight has teeter totter between 260-280 but never had it gotten up to 305lbs...so this was a shocker for me. I usually get to 260 in my weightloss struggle and then get stuck right there and another tragedy happens to throw me off track. Thankfully I have been able to seek God on guidance and discipline in my struggles and I have overcome most of my emotional eating habits. The enemy is defeated in that endeavor and believe me honey I have had some hectic stuff come my way LOL. okay well now that you all know about me I think it's time to turn in or either find out how to play around with this blogger LOL.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home