Friday, August 14, 2009

Transitioning to pureed foods mental state

I've made it a note to write about the mental portion of changing my lifestyle to keep me accountable to myself in all of this.

So I've done clear liquids for 2 weeks with no solids, no dairy (except creamer in my coffee), and with no caffeine (besides morning cup of jo). Today is the day that I began to transition into pureed foods and such. I also had a mishap when my monthly visitor came around. I know this may be TMI to male readers (if I have ANY readers LOL), but I began to start having stomach cramps like you wouldn't believe. Like doubling over type of cramps and not menstrual but STOMACH Cramps. Anytime my hunger cravings would get terribly out of hand I'd picture children in starving countries and count myself lucky to live in a land and to be able to afford whatever junky crappy food I want to fill my body when there are starving children somewhere. Then the pep talk came in to suck it up and get over it and I'd quote my favorite mainstay scripture Proverbs 25:14 He that hath no control over his own spirit, is like a city that is broken down and without walls. I'd get some broth and heat up a hot cup of water satisfy my hunger pangs and keep it moving. But today was particularly unusual. Especially with my cramps and the hunger doubled up on top of a headache that I'd had all day.

So because I was moving to the next level of my diet I decided to go to the grocery store and get some new dietary meals to accomodate this next 2 weeks of my transistion into learning how to eat. I went and bought some good proteins such as tuna in water (3 cans), relish and mayo (for tuna salad, Some walgreens nutritional non-lactose, protein shakes, and some more jello. i also got a couple of smoothies and some sobe waters.

Went back to work to eat my lunch, made the tuna, ate two spoonfuls of it and felt like I would throw up instantly. For some reason I could smell all of the ingredients to the food before I could raise the spoon to my mouth and when I ate it just didn't taste good. So I'm really trying to figure out how this is going to work out. I've noticed that since yesterday (more TMI sorry guys) that my bowel movements have become a little more solid as well. AS opposed to the runny watery non substance of drinking clear liquids only. This actually scared me a little to be honest. I was wondering if after having 2 weeks of liquid movements and no change in dietary habits WHY would they go from watery to solid like that. But I have reasoned that maybe it's just because the monthly monster has shown her head. Who knows?

I plan on taking my exercise activity to the next level with incorporating the pureed foods into my diet. With the clear liquid only phase I would walk 3-4 times a week for 45-60 minutes. I think on top of the walking i am going to start back up my firm aerobics and tae bo tapes. I want to accomodate the calories that I will be increasing to create a caloric deficit that will then help me to lose weight. My total of weight lost so far is 23 lbs. This is in a 2 week period. I know that is drastic but honestly I am at a desperate time in my weight life and desperate times call for desperate measures. If I'd gotten bariatric surgery I'd be doing the same thing and losing tons more weight so I'll keep on keeping on where I am at.

So back to the mental aspect of my weightloss I thought long and hard about what foods I'd incorporate in this Phase 2 of my diet. Normally after such a huge loss I'd subconsciously find a way to sabotage my weight back up to the 23 lbs that I'd lost. Instead I thought with a clear mind and thought about what foods to incorporate and how they'd affect my body (lactose intolerant, soy reactions) and I made good choices. This is such a breakthrough for me mentally man. i intend to strive harder and farther to reach my goals and have God there leading me the whole way. I see the glimmer of Hope and I'm going from the " This just might work" mindset to the " This method IS working out and WILL be successful."

I can look at myself and actually recognize myself what a great thing to be able to say! Cause for quite a while here recently I haven't been able to.

Hopefully with me incorporating the Protein and the pureed foods into my diet I'll have more energy to exercise the way that I want to. We shall see. Lately my energy levels are definitely improving compared to 23 lbs ago but I could still use a kick in the rear on certain things. Well I guess that'll just be a part of the documentation. I think i like this phase of my writings because I know that no one is really reading and checking me out like they used to so i feel freer to write everything. The ups the Downs the TMI moments..... everything and just be me.

Okay well I guess I'm done documenting.

Until we meet again.... It's been real Love ya!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home