Monday, May 02, 2005

He's a wonder in my soul!!!

I tell yall today within the last 3 hours have been a wonderous occasion I was up at one second and so so the next then i look up and there's an opportunity for me to give God some Glory.

Okay so I had to go to my son's school to sign some paperwork for him to go to kindergarten so that meant that I couldn't go to the gym and workout for lunch. But ta daa there is a walking trail close to my son's school that is about a mile Long so I figure hey why not jump on the trail and test myself. I can run on a treadmill for 30 minutes but I used to not be able to run for 4 minutes none the less 1 mile on the ground. Why is that so . I grab trhe duffel bag and head off to the restroom in the walking park and change just as if I'm going to the gym. Lace up my shoes and hide my bag over in the corner of the stall and attempt to run one mile. I kept telling myself " girl please, you can run 2 miles on the treadmill so what's gonna stop you here?"
I continue to run.....there are hills and small valleys and I notice that the trails are not straight and flat but some curve and bend. Then I realize that as I run my breathing gets uneven and I'm huffing and puffing. Then I hear this little voice(holy ghost) telling me, " Unnt unnn you have to pace yourself, slow down and relax your body this is not a race and you have built plenty endurance so you run easy" So i get my rhythm down.
Then I continue to run and I stop looking at the little meter markers on the ground and how far I have to go and I take a look around me as I run/jog (I call it jogging because I am Sooooooo Slow LOL)
Then as I run That same little voice on the inside of me saying, " You go girl Nikki is a DAWG you are running this turf like you own it. You can make it your almost there, There you go work it girl!!!!" And the next thing you know I have made it around the trail. Hallelujah Woohoooooo Yay for Nikki!!!!! I was rejoicing so much so that I was walking lifting my hands almost out of breath Praising Jesus Jumping up and down and saying thank you Lord.

I check my watch, My goodwill running watch that would normally cost $50. + dollars that I purchased for $3.00 and I have ran 1 mile in 11:42 Hallelujah. This goes down in the record books sisters and Brothers I have did 1 complete mile running in 11:42 minutes God is great!!!

So i rush to the restroom change clothes hop in my car and take off for my sons school. I get there and it's nap time so I'm tiptoeing around and I sign the paper work. Check my watch and Oh Lord I'm coming back late from lunch and for some odd reason my car is shaking something terrible then I pull up to the stop light and pray for it to change because I want to get back to work on time and POOOOOPPPPP!!!! my tire bursts right there, atleast 1/2 mile away from my job.

What's crazy is I don't even freak out. I look up and catacorner to me is a marathon gas station with a autoshop in it. I thank the Lord and roll my busted tired baby on into the parking lot. Thank God I didn't have to sit in the middle of the street right. So As I pull over I think, Man am I glad that I saved a little bit of money from last weeks check. But how do I get to the bank to get it. I talk to the technician and explain the incident and ask how much will it cost to replace the tire. I called my boss and told him the situation and told him I'd just walk up to the job since it wasn't far at all. As I'm walking it's cold outside but I have this little song in my heart and as the cars are whipping by me and the cold wind is blowing in my face I just began to sing:
"This joy that I have, The world didn't give it to me, This joy that I have the world didn't give it to me, This joy that I have no the world didn't give it to me, No the world didn't give it and the world can't take it away, This peace that I have..........." So as I'm singing I get back to the job.

I get to the Job and I'm wondering who I can ask to take me to the Bank to get my money out to the pay the technician. I find a boss to take me and we conversate on the way there talking about the kids and all and I'm just so thankful that God gave me the strength and put me in the right spot ya know? So I go to the bank and the lines aren't that Long and I thank God because my boss is on his lunch break and he didn't have to take me and the last thing I wanted to do was take up his time. Well I get in and out of the bank in a hurry and we get back to the gas station and as I am standing there in the lobby waiting to talk to the guy about my tire, this lady walks in and asks me am I in line and I tell her yes and she tells me she's waiting too then she starts talking to me, I mean like really telling me somethings that are going on in her life how she just lost her job, just got a divorce, she feels like she is ready to give up and The Holy Spirit that is within me nudges me to say something. In my flesh I didn't want to really comment on it because I didn't want to say anything to offend so I let the hly Spirit within me do the talking. And I noticed that really all she wanted was someone to just listen to her. So I listened. Then I told her that the Lord will sometimes shut one door to open another one for her and the technician comes out and takes my keys. As she walks away something within me tells me to stop her. And so I stopped her and asked her since she has moved to Cincinnati has she found a church home and she says yeah she's found one but she's really not into this church it's something that rubs her the wrong way about this church. I told her well I have been called to be an intercessor and the Holy ghost is trying to do some things with you so if you don't mind can I give you my number or atleast have you come visit my church sometime and no matter what we'll pray about these things. she stopped dead in her tracks and almost started crying and said here you take my number and please call me cause I need alot of prayer.

Yall i could've done a backflip at that moment right there because in all of my tests that happened today I could've shook that woman off and treated her like her problems were just that.....her problems but you see in the Body of Christ we are all members fitly joined together in which the head is Christ. We NEED each other to survived the bible says to let the strong bear the infirmities of the weak and I believe that God will bless that women for reaching out and I know that he will bless me for being obedient. So when I got back to work I was on cloud 9 I went to the break room to pop my popcorn and just started praising the Lord and I started praying for that woman in the breakroom I didn't care who would've walked in on me neither. I'm still on a spiritual high that I have gained a sister to pray for and I ran 1 mile. I eman does it get any better than this?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home