Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Trying to figure this out

Okay this is not a rant.... just some general questions.

I've been working out consistently and for the most part I've never really stopped working out at all but I still seem to be gaining weight. As a response to direction from the Lord in my prayer I am in consecration and I have abstained from meat for the past 3 weeks. And in those 3 weeks I have gained almost 10 lbs. I don't get that. I have become constipated, and bloated and gassy (TMI I know sorry guys) and I'm breaking out on my face left and right, everyday I'm finding new blackheads. For the most part I am eating legumes(mixed beans), Sunflower seeds and raisin mixed, tea is the only thing i drink besides water, fruit and salad.

Honest to God I am really trying to figure out how in the world I am gaining all this weight. Every time I read about a person going vegetarian then their weight begins to fall off. This is not happening with me. I'm doing the exact opposite. I run or walk for 40 minutes and upwards daily. I do a 5 day abs workout mon-fri. I do 3 sets of 10 pushups ( full body ones at that), and I lift weights yet instead of my inches going down or fat melting I'm gaining weight. I just don't get it.

I don't have money around to start shopping extravagantly. I can't shop like a single person because I have a family to feed and I refuse to push my vegan meal changes on them. Don't get me wrong they still eat healthy but they have a totally different kind of meal than me unless it's like spaghetti and salad and I only have salad. I'm really at a loss for words. I get paid tomorrow and I'm going to by a colon cleanse kit. This is the only thing I can think of to stop me from being so....constipated. Before I started eating vegan I had BM's 1-2 times daily... Now I'm lucky to have one a day where I'm killing myself just to get it out. I feel heavy all the time. My stomach is sticking out all the time.

I'm going to go google some healthy vegan foods that will help me to Lose weight. I thought I was doing pretty good but I'm coming up empty.
Don't worry I'm not ready to give up I'm just really perplexed as to why I'm not losing and why my system is so backed up. It's like my body is resisting the fat falling off or holding on to it and trying to accumulate more somehow. Anyhoo tomorrow I'll be heading out to GNC to get some 7 day cleanse or something. I'll keep you guys updated.

1 Comments:

At 3:19 PM , Blogger MrsDawsondn said...

thanks for the info.! Makes a ton of sense and since I've added meat back into my diet I'm have regular bm's. You are on the money!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home