Thursday, December 22, 2005

AHA Moments

WOW you guys I have something really personal to share and what they happen to be are some AHA moments that caused me to get serious and stay determinded to lose this weight. I have a picture that I have never posted jut out of sheer embarrassment but I feel now is the time to post it. This picture was my turning point. I didn't even recognize myself when I got this picture.


My aha moment straw that broke the camels back was in a doctors office when i was told that I was in the baby stages of Diabetes and I have Hypothyroidism and I am anemic. When the doctor told me that I flashed back to my grandmother would died because of diabetes and How she had to take insulin shots every single day and would run out of spots to take shots and stick herself over and over again, and taking tons of medicine and dialysis, losing eyesight, and amputated body parts. I just broke down. I was thinking. I am too young to have diabetes. I was 26 then. My doctor told me that because the diabetes was in the baby stages I could prevent it with weightloss and I got serious about losing weight then. I went back to the doctor 6 months later and there were no signs of diabetes praise God I had lost like 30 lbs in 6 months I went from 305 to 270 and all traces of high insulin levels were gone. My anemia had been severly reduced and to this day I only have to take my chromagen pills when TOm arrives. I also had a moment when I went to an amusement park and I LOVE riding the rides. WEll there was a particular ride that I wanted to get on and the bar would not close over my stomach. I was so embarrassed I just got off the ride and watched my little sister ride. and there was also this christmas picture that my aunt gave me that knocked me off of my feet. I couldn't even recognize that that was me until I looked at the clothing. And I thought I was fly that day too yall. I grew up very skinny and when I gained all that weight it just really baffled me I just kept saying how in the world did I get here? I haven't looked back since.

1 Comments:

At 11:54 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

my aha moment was when my ex would introduce me to people and they always assumed, "is this your sister, cousin, mother (yes, someone thought i was his mom!") - but never his girlfriend. I realised then, that enough, was enough!

keep at it! and don't worry how long it takes - just keep being healthy.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home