Sunday, September 18, 2011

The re-makings of a Gym Rat

Back in 2006-2008 I was a gym bunny gym rat or whatever you wanna call it and I lost tons of weight. I have done it all outdoor running/wogging (walk/jogging). Skating (have the skates to prove it though I can barely stay up on them now..., Yoga (from Home), Tae Bo ( from home), Boot camp style workouts etc., and what i realize most is that home is my place of comfort it is not my springboard for working out, hence i start then I stop then I get lazy and never return to it.

Well back in August my son fractured a knee cap in foot ball during practice by stepping into a divet in the ground while practicing hitting drills with another player. His football season this year has ended because he has to heal. He was in a cast for 4-5 weeks and as of last Wed his cast was taken off and his knee cap is healed. But because he was in a cast with his leg straight he will need therapy and rehabbing to bend his knee again. The doctor suggested water walking to get it bending again so I went to the local YMCA and opened a family membership for 83.00 a month. They have an indoor and outdoor pool. Well heck if I'm spending this kinda money for a membership then I think I need to get my moneys worth. Yesterday I swam 8 laps (thought I would die whew what a workout!!!) and today I went and walked on the treadmill 30 minutes (that was a workout as well). I have not been active honestly since April so I know it will be hard this first week but I plan on being a workout diva pretty soon expecting pounds to fall off lol. Wish me luck!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home