Friday, July 01, 2005

Their god is in their stomach

Philippians 3: 18-20
For, as I have told you before and now say again even with tears, many live as enemies of the cross of Christ. Their destiny is destruction, their god is their stomach, and their glory is in their shame. Their mind is on earthly things. But our citizenship is in heaven. And we eagerly await a Savior from there, The Lord Jesus Christ who by the powerthat enables him to bring everything under his control, will transform our lowly bodies so that they will be like his glorious body.


Praise God for a vision into what I don't want to do. Romans 12:2 says be not conformed to the ways of this world but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind. This is a spiritual thing yall. It really is. I pray for more members of the body of Christ to have open eyes and see that their is too much obesity in the Body because we spend too much time making our stomachs our god. Lusting after food all day long, eagerly awaiting the next potluck, or reception, or banquet to get our eat on.

And lets not get on the old school Sunday after church dinners that are so famous in the Black American households. I know because I am victim to it. Well, As of now I WAS victim to it. From now on my stomach will not be my god anymore. I cannot serve two masters, only one. The stomach god has to go and the REAL GOD, my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ has to reign supreme. I know that salvation is a process and I thank God for opening up my knowledge and getting understanding on this. It's about living long enough to see the salvation and glory of the Lord and i want to be the healthiest me that I can be while seeking that. I don't want to be victim to High Blood Pressure, Diabetes, hypo or hyperglycemia, Hypo or hyperthyroidism(already have), high Cholestoral, High Cancer risk, Fibromagalia, Lymphoma, or anything else that I can prevent. It's time to stand upon the solid rock for guidance. I guarantee that every single need for everyday people is covered in the bible. I was searching for scriptures to support losing weight in the bible a couple of years ago and could find none, atleast none that I thought were valid because I was searching in my flesh for answers. It took really tapping into God and seeing things from a spiritual point of view to open my mind up and find the appropriate scriptures for this journey. Okay well, I'm sounding off for now. See ya!

4 Comments:

At 11:30 PM , Blogger GW said...

Hey there, skinny! I followed your link from the 100 Pound Club to your blog tonight. Boy, this entry is spot on. I can tell you that white American churchgoers worship the stomach, too. We always congregated at the all-you-can-eat buffets after service. When we rolled the aisles, we ROLLED THE AISLES!

Love your blog, glad to get to know more about you through your writing. God bless you!

Kimberley & The H-Man (Howie6267 at 3FC)

 
At 10:24 AM , Blogger MrsDawsondn said...

LOL thanks so much for stopping by and yes I know what you mean when you say rolled the aisles LOL. I haven't been back in the 100 lb club lately because I dunno I thought maybe I'd have to lose 100 lbs first but thanks for the encouragement I'll stop by there today and check in with you guys. And if you don't mind I want to check out your blog as well. Thanks so much for stopping by God bless you sis! :D

 
At 4:43 PM , Blogger GW said...

Hey, I wouldn't post my website's URL if I didn't want visitors! And the 100 Pound Club is for folks who have 100 or more pounds to lose (folks who already have done so also hang out there). Come on by! :)

 
At 4:11 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't buy weight loss pills. I would be careful and skeptical when trying artificial methods of losing weight.

The easiest way to lose weight, which I have found, is to eat when you are hungry (to keep up your metabolism), but very, very slowly and consciously, and stop when you are full - even if you have more food left on your plate (in addition to excercise, of course).

Paul McKenna talks about this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQv1JBZ197Q

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home