Friday, August 19, 2005

Just a little something that I need to talk about

I must admit I have been feeling quite blasé here lately. I felt like I just couldn't feel God near when praying and I haven't been reading as much but I'm working harder at getting back to maintaining my intimacy with the Lord. I was asking God the other day why I couldn't hear or feel him near me anymore recently and yesterday I was driving in my car listening to creflo dollar talking about some things and he mentioned intercourse and when was the last time that you had intercourse with the Lord? Meaning intimacy just spending time with the Lord. And mind yall I haven't heard nary a word from the Lord, I heard something right then saying when was the last time that you had intercourse with me? You say you don't feel me near but that's because you haven't taken the time to be intimate with me. I thought on that and I said okay I'm going to be more intimate and spend more time with God.

Last night I had a terrible dream that woke me up and I began to pray I went into my prayer closet and I kept hearing the same thing that I heard earlier while driving in my car. Early this morning I was extremely tired and didn’t feel like walking I tried rolling back over, but I kept hearing this little voice saying " now you know if you don't walk this morning your attitude is going to be messed up all day and your not gonna have any energy so you might as well do it." So I got up got dressed and headed out the door to find rain drizzling outside. So I was like man forget this and headed back into the house. Well as I got to my door it was like I wasn't even controlling it. I went and got a jacket with a hood and headed out.

It was lightning and thunder and everything but it was soooo calming. Crazy I know right. So the whole time I'm walking I could hear Israel Houghton's song called I'm going to another level the fast version as I was walking. It started raining a little harder and I was walking the whole time like, " okay I'm cutting my walk in half I'm not gonna do the whol 2.8-3.0 miles this morning but before I knew it I was singing that song in my head and just talking to God and I didn't even realize I was almost done with my walk. So as I get back to my house I noticed that it has stopped raining. TRIPPED ME OUT YALL!!!! I was like "wait it was JUST raining and HARD AT THAT lol. And I always do a cool down walk back and forth across the sidewalk before going in the house and I did that. But as I was walking over on my left side I looked in the sky and I could literally see some clouds breaking up and the sun was just shining through. It was the most beautiful thing I have ever seen. I just stood there I couldn't even move. On the right side of me was clouds complete darkness and a couple of flashes of lightning but on my right side the sun was shining through the clouds and it was so peaceful it was like I was in a transe I couldn't MOVE!!!! So I just stood there then I began to praise the Lord and I asked God what all of this was supposed to mean and I'm still waiting on the answer but I thank him for that little bit of reassurance that he is there!


Also a small NSV that is a bit off topic: My butt is coming back yeah baby!!!! Don't call it a comeback it's been here for years *snapping fingers to LL's 'mam said knock you out' LOL. Yes I have begun noticing the formation of a round dairy aire to my surprise. Weight training is really doing the trick! I took a couple of side shot pictures and posted it on my website LOL. You see when I hit 200 lbs my butt just majically disappeared :O I don't know what happened but it did it was GONE! And of course my cousin was the first person to point it out to me "rolls eyes" LOL but anyways I'm doing better. I'm asking God for the answer to so many questions and I'm also continuing to persevere and lose this weight. I know this was like a two sided post but sometimes my mind just works like that LOL. Well until next time...Have a great weekend!!

2 Comments:

At 8:18 AM , Blogger MrsDawsondn said...

Thanks so much, now that's a serious compliment coming from a weightloss diva!!! You are looking absolutely AWESOME too! Keep it up girlie! We can do this okay?!?!

 
At 3:35 PM , Blogger MrsDawsondn said...

awww thanks for stopping by I think I may do the same with open diary because you girls are the BOMb and you have amazing journals! Thanks again for leaving a little love.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home