Tuesday, August 16, 2005

Stuck Stuck Stuck!!!!

Okay so I had to be brutally honest with myself last night and I came across my weightloss measurements journal that I keep in the house. And as I sat there I thought, " Man I don't want to record my inches or weight because #1 I'd just eaten a hearty meal so I knew that the weight would definitely record the food sitting in my belly and #2 my inches seem to be at a standstill." But I figure the only way to get past this major plateau is to do it and do it now and then look back on all of this. If anyone that reads my blogs knows my story I have pictures of me at my highest weight and I have pictures of me right now. You can clearly see a difference in my pictures and I wear a smaller size in clothing but I'm not satisfied because I'm not where I should be I feel in a word "Stuck".

With clear evaluation I can honestly say it was Memorial Day weekend that the plateau started. It seemed after memorial day weekend there was a bbq almost every other weekend. First there was memorial day, Then there was Fathers Day, then there was the 4th of July, then my husbands family on his father's side throughs a family reunion picnic, then for absolutely no reason a friend throws a bbq just because it's a beautiful day and hey why not invite everyone over for some Que? And last but not least was the most recent Church Picnic BBQ. It didn't sink in until the Church picnic that I could eat just a little bbq and then play all day like a big Kid. My mindset really was as I said in my last post. I would get up in the morning and I wouldn't eat anything all day so as to have some room in my belly cause when we'd get to the BBQ it would be time to throw down! I'm not talking a nice little plate either I'm talking helpings too big to even think about measuring and then having to carry two plates to keep everything on. I'd have my on one plate hamburger, chicken, mett, and maybe porkchop and my sides like potato salad, baked beans, green Beans, corn on the cob and corn bread or rolls on another plate. And the other sides that I missed I'd go back and get them after I finished what I had. Then once my stomach has settled a tidbit (or so I think) I'll go up and get a paper plate full of desert. Then all of the grownups would sit around stuffed to the brim and tired, sleepy tired from being so full joking around and watching the kids play. maybe break out a cards game or dominoes or checkers and turn the music up and get a little two step in but that's about it! It honestly didn't hit me until This last picnic that I was destroying everything that I had worked hard to achieve with this weightloss by having a 'free day' and then wondering why I can't get the weight off.

Well now that I've evaluated that I feel as if I'm back at square one. I got on the scale last night and it read 258.2! To be honest I fluctuate between 253-255-257 daily depending on what time of day I get on the scale so it wasn't anything that made me want to run to the nearest gun shop and go kill myself LOL. It was just very disappointing. So I pulled out my tape measure and my measurements are the exact same as and in a couple of places higher than they were back in May 2005 right before the plateau so in a good sense i'm staying the same size but in my opinion I'm going in the WRONG direction. I pulled out some of my fitness mags and started looking for inspiration and as of late I have been getting more serious about strength training to melt some fat and tone as I lose. So I pulled out the infamouse Oxygen (awesome mag) magazine and reread an old article. And I remember having a talk with a coworker and him recommending me doing the Body For Life Program and Going Low Carb or No Carb to get past the plateau. I started considering going to the library and picking up the book and analyzing it and trying to decide if that's what I want to do.
See, my whole focus when I began changing my lifestyle of eating was to NOT subscribe to any form of diet but instead to do it in a healthy way and in my way without having to jot everything down, and avoid nutricious and healthy foods ie, Going into a low carb High protien, or lowfat high carb or whatever type of diet. I've done the no carb diet before and it was litterally terrible. I was weak, I had major mood swings, I lost 10lbs in 1 week but I gained double as soon as I stopped dieting and I just don't think my body can take that all over again besides, My body needs Carbs because I run and the carbs give me tons of endurance and my energy stores are utlized. But still I was considering doing this, I considered it so much so that I ended up packing a low carb lunch today and I already have a headache LOL. I went into one of my friends fotki album's SxFtMahgnyCurvs and she had an article about the atkins diet that has charged me to rethink my options. I really don't like structured weightloss programs. I like to do it myself and make healthy changes but I honestly can't get past the 250 barrier as of late. I'm praying for answers but right now I just really don't know what to do. I got in a 34 minute run this morning and I'll be working out on lunch as usual but I'm still stuck. If I come up with any answers I'll be sure to update and post it for you guys. Well that's my blog rant for the day LOL. until next time God Bless you and God keep you!

P.S. And oh yeah there is another Picnic going on this weekend for my husbands mother's side, they are having a family reunion! Pray for me yall!

Nikki

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home