Tuesday, September 20, 2005

Bally's Update

Well I went to Bally's on my lunch yesterday to check out this month to month deal so I could see what the catch was and check out their equipment, their operating hours and their daycare. When I went in the first person I see is a guy I used to go to school with. He is a personal trainer. We say our howdy do's then he gives me a quick tour of the place and we discuss our options. The prices were pretty feasible to not be locked into some 12-24 month contract but there was just something about this bally's I dunno it seems a bit...small or something I just don't know. Anyways I told him that I may be interested and my husband may be interested as well so we set up an appointment to meet with the guy Saturday and discuss if we're interested or not. I get a free 7 day pass for the week so today I go to the gym on my lunch break.
I was going to go early this morning to get my run in but because of a blackout that we had the night before from a terrible thunder and lightning storm that caused me to be up until 12Am I just couldn't get up at 5:25 and head to the gym. I get to the gym and I get directions as to where the locker rooms are and blah blah blah. The lockerrooms are very nice spacious there's a gazillion lockers and even an scale off to the side in the locker room and shower stalls and such. Well I'm so used to just hopping into the restroom at the hotel I normally workout in and changing I chose to change clothes in one of the handicap stalls and come out and get my workout on. I must completely admit that everything I did I compared it to the hotel that i normally work out in. The hotel is quiet, sectioned off, and nobody EVER comes in there to workout. There is one big television with a remote to it, you workout in an airconditioned room that you can control the amount of heat and/or air that you want blowing on you and blah blah blah.
Anyways I come out of the dressing rooms and go to the treadmills and see that the treadmills that Bally's uses are the EXACT same as the one little treadmill in the hotel. Then there are 3 different televisions in the room but they are all fixed on the money or weather channel or some other boring station(thank God I brought my CD player and Headphones whew). The treadmills sit directly in front of the windows so when you run you can look outside which pretty much attribute to you feeling like a hamster on a exercise wheel just running in place. There is a row of treadmills, then there is a row of stationary bikes, then there is a row of recumbant bikes then there is a row of stairmasters old and new then there is a row of ellipictals I don't know but it was just too informal for me. So After I ran for about 25 minutes I walk over to the weights to see where I want to work and run into and old friend of mines that I used to have the biggest crush on in high school and actually had a semi-quasi friendship/flirtship with years ago (presaved and prebabyLOL). He's always been into PT and football and I got a chance to chat with him then I went to lift s0me weights. NOW the weights section is really what I like about this place they have every single weight imaginable that you can think of and it's open and free space up in that place!!! The hotel's fitness center really doesn't have alot of weights. There used to be some orange girly 10 lb weights but those aren't even there anymore. There is a extension/squat machine in the hotel's fitness area but I need more variety than that. After my workouts I was wondering if they had towels that they provided but from what I saw most of the people there brought their own towels and water bottles. Thank GodI filled up on water before I got to the gym that was a BIG downer for Bally's because the hotel's fitness center not only provides towels for it's people it also has a water machine thingy in the fitness room. So all in all I think that this hotel's fitness center has really spoiled me because I just don't see paying all of that money to go to this gym when I currently go to a fitness center for free you know what I mean? And this little fitness center in this hotel has a jacuzzi, and swimming pool and a sauna. The reason I was looking for more is because after working out in the same spot by yourself for 3 years you kinda want a change......ya know different scenery and I really feel as if I need so much more variety with the weights but that is just not worth it. I mean what really got me was that the treadmill that I ran on there was the EXACT same treadmill that I run on at the hotel but atleast I can watch tv and I'm there by myself. My decision has already been made but I think I am gonna milk this 7 day free pass and get in as much weight training as I can.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home