Wednesday, September 07, 2005

Girl unnt uhhh Failure is not an option

While at work today I realized some startling things around the office. Well as you all know in January everyone comes up with these blissfully painful resolutions such as losing weight, quitting smoking, not committing to men that will hurt them, Not chasing men or women anymore but finally settling down and blah blah blah. Well it seems that by June most of the resolutions are broken, and by September they've vanished into thin air no longer to be remembered for all mankind. We'll I looked around my office and really REALIZED the truth in this observation. Almost everyone that has had a resolution aren't sticking to them. One of our coworkers was losing weight pretty drastically and he looked very nice with the weight off and last week we had a work picnic in which he was the chef(he does it every year). He still looked fairly thin last week (or was that two weeks ago) , anyways today we had a meeting and he attended and I promise to goodness it looks like every lb that he lost he has put back on. Then there a lady in my office an older black lady that keep's the pharmacy in her desk drawers and the kitchen in her cabinets that claims to be on some kind of diet ALL OF THE TIME but you never see her lose any weight. She has atleast three different huge bottles of vitamins sitting on her desk she barely works always has headphones on munchin on something, knows everything there is about losing weight but still jumps on every bandwagon that comes along and never loses any weight. Then there are the already fit people that pretty much show off their goods... which by instance I don't criticize at all because if you've worked hard to get it then by all means show it off!!! As I was observing all of this I looked at myself and wondered where I fit in.

Well I've given away almost all of my bigger clothing to people that needed it or so they say and I am left with 3-4 outfits in my old size and so to be comfortable I decided to wear this outfit. It's a pretty floral green and cream colored dress (and for those of you that know me I hate floral clothing yuk! But this one is cute as a matter of fact I have this dress in two different colors) that I bought when I was much bigger. This dress is a size 3x to be exact and because I wanted to be comfortable and floaty I threw the dress on. I think this may have been the biggest mistake I've ever made. I look like I am my old size in this dress and it scared me to bits!!!! i must and I mean absolutely MUST get rid of this dress! I thought back to when I actually could FIT this dress even at my biggest size it looked Good on me because no matter what size I was I had a nice shape. well now that I've lost the weight it looks like a big potato sack on me. Normally I'd be overjoyed at this but because it makes me look like an overgrown RECTANGLE I just can't take it!! I put this dress on and automatically thought about the woman that I work with with the pharmacy in her cube and the kitchen in her cabinets and freaked out. I look as if I talk a good game about losing weight but my clothes make it look as if I have gained every ounce back. I have to go home and change ASAP!!!! I can't wait to get out of here.

AS you all know(if you haven't read some former blogs) September is my New Year's so I'm going to step it up a notch and get rid of all these potato sack dresses and get in gear. I've joined RBG's 12 week challenge so it's on and poppin now. I will not be the wanna be thin office lady I WILL BE the thin office lady LOL.

Well thanks for lending me your eyes and understanding and until next time......

TTFN

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home