Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Oh Bliss Oh Joy The Plateau is broken

The cursed 250's plateau is broken and I am steam rollin over the adversary. I have officially weighed in at 244.8 lbs which is 6.8 lbs down from last weeks 251.6 which also was caused by TOM. But I can honestly say even with TOM hanging around I still stayed OP and drank my water daily as well as getting exercise in and the WAR bag was prepared.

I'm excited and looking forward to more loss. I am steadfastly working on not self sabotaging when there is a big loss. Somehow I have been managing to do that but a while ago I actually found out the root to by overeating I blogged about it a while back. Well since I could identify my triggers I have actually worked towards avoiding and overcoming them. I think all may be alright with the world nowadays as far as my weight is concerned. ANd I give God all glory for showing me how and guiding me into doing this.

It's funny because yesterday when I got home from work my DH and I pulled up at the same time and as I was getting out He looked and me and tilted his head to the side and said, " dang I had to do a double take cause I was looking like I know that is Nikki getting out the car man she looks skinny." OKay so I blushed and it tickled me but I honestly thought he was messing with me just to make me laugh or feel good so I didn't really take it seriously. Then I went to my daughter cheerleading clinics and I ran into a member from my old church and as she came in I spoke to her and she spoke but I could tell she wasn't really paying attention to who I was and she had a look like she didn't even know who I was. Well, wouldn't you know we sat through the whole practice and after practice was over I was getting little Quincy and LExy dressed in their coats and she just stopped in her tracks and looked. Then she said, " NIkki?!?!? Oh my God girl I didn't even know that was you! You have lost so much weight honey you really look good, what have you been doing?" Okay so my whole day was really made better just by that one incident. I am telling yall it felt good. I came home and told DH and he was like, " Oh so when I said it you thought I was lying see you never take me seriously" then he chuckled to himself and went on about his business and then I had to explain to him that it's not that I didn;t believe him but he sees me everyday so even though he sees the weight come off it's really like a reaffirming when someone you haven't seen in months comments like that. He understood we laughed about it and went on with our day.
Then this morning while getting in our walk/jog I was telling my aunt about it and she completely understood. Then she told me that my other aunt (her sister) were talking the other day and my aunt was raving about how good I looked and how I've been doing good losing the weight, I was shocked that she even noticed cause she's never really said much to me about it. But I'm happy that all is well. My health is in good shape and it just feels good to have someone tell me to keep going. I'm so inspired I think I am just going to compliment someone so that they can feel as good as I do today.


God bless yall

2 Comments:

At 9:15 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

" The cursed 250's plateau is broken and I am steam rollin over the adversary."

that's really wonderful. it's so true that being told by someone that doesn't see you daily - makes a difference. but - the fact that your husband can see it - is even better - cause it's harder from him cause he does see you day in/day out - therefore you must have made a HUGE leap. CONGRATS!

i too have been looking at my eating practises. and realised that i had to stock my kitchen better - with lots of good healthy - that i like - so when i get munchy, i have a large variety of good stuff, to choose from. so far, so good.

 
At 1:42 PM , Blogger Corina Bowen said...

Congrats!!
Praise God! I too am gonna restock my kitchen!! Way too many tempting things in there!!
I am so looking forward to the day when my jeans feel like they are gonna fall off!! Ahhh..

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home