Thursday, May 26, 2005

excuse me while I do my victory dance LOL

Guess what?!?! i ran the WHOLE 1.6 miles today in 21:39 yippee yahoo!!!! I was so ecstatic that I could actually do it. It was still early about 5:58am when I went out and the moon was still high in the sky while the sun was rising and it was beautiful! I was just watching the moon while I ran and taking in my surroundings. Oh yeah my father drove past me running on his way to work and I waved at him. I know he was looking like, " okay when did she start running?" LOL Not alot of people know that I have been running. I don't tell everybody cause I don't like to look like I'm bragging about it. But I am sooooo happy I did it!1 I ran the WHOLE thing. I remember someone telling me a while ago that after you've hit your first mile the running gets alot easier, your breathing evens out and your muscles loosen up and your body is relaxed, I actually felt that today. In the beginning I run uphill so it is kind of hard but once I get past that 1 mile mark I'm easy breezing, floating through the run. I want to keep working at the route that I have for atleast another 2 weeks and see if I can up my time or maybe go a little farther as I keep going. All i could think about was information that I got on 3fatchicks.com about running and you only need to stop running when two things occur: when your legs are about to give out on you, or when your lungs feel like they will shut down. I remembered that and for the times when I was going to stop running and start walking I thought about that and as far as I could see my lungs were working just fine and my legs were going strong. I just put one foot in front of the other and repeat, lift those knees to pick up speed. That's what i did and I felt great I have been feeling great since I got up this Morning. Shoot God is good and anyone that denies that is crazy, my personal opinion. God has brought me so far in my life I don't know where I would be right now if it weren't for his amazing grace. Thank you Lord for the fruit of Self-control Galatians 5:22-24 NIV. Discipline and devotion to the Lord has brought me this far now all I can say is, "Whatcha gonna do today Lord?"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home